At Digitex, we understand the importance of working together to contribute to a cleaner planet.
Each of the recycling programs listed below includes detailed information on how to recycle your empty toner cartridges from your copiers, printers and facsimile products.
Don't see your equipment listed? We have recycling solutions for all major brands.
Please do not throw away your toner cartridges. If you have any questions related to these programs, please contact us.
Canon Cartridge Return Program
- You are not entitled to a tax deduction or rebate for the return of spent cartridges.
- This program may be modified or discontinued without notice.
- Canon only authorizes the use of this site to return Canon brand cartridges. Any unauthorized use may result in the return to sender at senders expense.
Please click here to retrieve a cartridge return label.
Packaging Instructions: Single Cartridge Return
Waste Toner Bottles Canon 5200 Series
Please do not throw away Waste Toner Bottles. A Digitex Technician will dump them when coming into your site following up a service call.
Contact us if you have any questions related to this program.
SHARP Toner Recycling Program
Sharp Electronics of Canada Ltd. is committed to conduct business operations and activities in a manner that is protective of human health and the environment.
Four Simple Steps
Step 1. Use only the packaging from your new toner; do not use any other packaging. Place used toner cartridge in the carton and seal with packing tape.
Step 2. Please return when possible, eight to ten empty toner cartridges per shipping label to help conserve resources, reduce energy use and shipping costs. Place them in a used cardboard carton and seal, or you may also bundle multiple individual cartridge boxes together securely with tape. When bundling multiple cartridge boxes, please make sure you have no more than two rows of four cartridge boxes across.
Step 3. Click on the following link Prepaid Shipping Label to be re-directed to the Canada Post website. Complete the contact information and click “continue” to print the shipping label. Please affix the label to the top of the carton.
Step 4. If you already have a Commercial pick-up agreement with Canada Post, simply include the above cartons with your daily outbound items. Otherwise, drop off the cartons at your nearest postal outlet.
Lexmark Toner Recycling Program
Lexmark always follows a zero-landfill practice for all of the empty cartridges.
Whether you print a little or a lot, Lexmark is committed to providing effective, convenient ways for you to responsibly recycle your used Lexmark supplies.
Lexmark recycling programs are designed to help ensure that empty Lexmark print cartridges are properly recovered, reused or recycled; resulting in less solid waste and fewer resources consumed. The Lexmark Cartridge Collection Programs are always free* to the consumer and are designed to be easy to use.
Toner Laser Cartridges.
For more information on our return and recycling programs, please visit: Lexmark Collection and Recycling Program.
Samsung Toner Recycling Program
The Samsung Take-Back and Recycle programme (S.T.A.R.) - a no-cost, environmentally-conscious way to return used toner cartridges for recycling.
Operating on a Zero Landfill policy, the S.T.A.R. programme ensures that 100% of returned cartridges are recycled, including all shipping materials. Toner cartridges are recycled into useable materials, which then go back into the raw materials marketplace to become a range of new products. Through this process, the maximum value from each returned cartridge is obtained at the smallest environmental cost. Samsung is also researching ways to use those same raw materials in the production of new cartridges - an innovation that would further reduce negative impact on the environment.
At Samsung Canada we're committed to providing Canadians with greener options - we hope you'll join us in our efforts toward a greener planet.
For Business Customers
Specially marked Samsung new toner cartridge boxes contain two red FedEx return labels - one for the U.S. and one for Canada. The S.T.A.R. FedEx return option is available to Samsung business customers only; consumer and personal printer users should use the Canada Post drop-off return option. Please choose the appropriate label for use in Canada (Canadian returns ship to Ontario.) If you do not have a label, you may obtain one from Samsung Canada customer service 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or use the Canada Post drop-off return option.
How to Recycle Your Cartridges:
Select Samsung new toner cartridge boxes contain two red FedEx return labels - one for the U.S. and one for Canada. Please choose the appropriate label for use in Canada.
1) If the new cartridge box is not available or damaged, pack the used cartridge in a sturdy box using appropriate cushioning materials.
2) Remove or black out any old shipping labels, including the original barcode.
3) OR Pack the empty cartridge using the shipping labels from the new replacement Samsung cartridge box.
4) Seal the box with shipping tape.
5) Affix one red FedEx PRP to each box being returned. (If you do not have a label, you may obtain one from Samsung Canada customer service 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or use the Canada Post drop-off return option.) No additional labels or markings are required.
6) To schedule pick-up of the cartridge, call 1-888-777-6040 for the FedEx Ground Package Returns Program or give the box to any FedEx pickup driver.
7) If you prefer to drop-off your empty cartridge for return, follow these instructions:
• Log on to FedEx.com and select the "locations" tab to find the nearest drop-off location.
• Call 1-800-GO-FEDEX, (800) 463-3339 to find the nearest drop-off location.
Bulk Collection Program For Corporate Consumers
Corporate Customers whose business generates several empty toner cartridges per month should consider the S.T.A.R. Bulk Collection Program. This program allows participants to simply deposit empty cartridges into a bulk collection box, rather than packaging and returning one cartridge at a time. Once the box is full, return the cartridges for recycling by following the shipping directions printed on the box.
To obtain a S.T.A.R. Bulk Collection Box:
1) Order box # CB-GPTRB-S
2) Call 1-866-332-4160 and select the Ordering Collection Box option from the menu - be prepared to provide your contact name and company information, address, department/location, and a contact telephone number.
3) Or, email [email protected], request box # CB-GPTRB-S and include your contact name and company information, address, department/location, and a contact telephone number. If you require more than one box, please include that information in your request.
S.T.A.R. Bulk Collection Recycling Instructions:
1) Close the box securely; use tape designed for shipping (strong tape 2 inches (5cm) or more in width). Do not use masking tape, duct tape, cello tape or paper over-wrap.
2) Mark your contact information including your name, company name, address, department/location and a contact telephone number on the box.
3) Do not cover or mask the pre-addressed Courier Return Service label on the top flap.
4) If the box does not have pre-addressed label, please contact SAMSUNG at [email protected] and we will send you the label(s).
5) Take box to any UPS or FedEx outlets to arrange a pickup.
For Consumer Customers
To return your cartridges, all you have to do is download and print the Canada Post label, follow the packing instructions and bring your box to any one of 6,600 post offices or deposit it into any Canada Post mailbox (if it fits in a mailbox). We'll take care of the rest.
How to Recycle your Cartridge:
1) Place used cartridge in the bag and box that came with your new Samsung toner cartridge. Close the box using clear tape.
2) If you have several toner cartridges to return, please pack them individually and tape a maximum of 2 boxes together.
3) Locate or print a return shipping label.
4) Write your name or company name and address on the shipping label.
5) Call UPS or FedEx outlets (depending on the label) to arrange a pickup.
6) Drop off package at one of 6,600 post offices or deposit into any Canada Post mailbox.
The following laser adhesive sheets may be used to print the Canada Post return shipping label:
• Avery Label 5168 for laser printers, or equivalent: White Laser Address Labels with Smooth Feed Sheets™, 5x3-1/2 Label, 400 Labels/box
• Onlinelabels.com - Product OL5100
• NCR 908240
• Compulabel 312534
• Paper-papers.com - 4304 Shipping Labels
• Office Depot White Paper Labels - Item #220192
Thank You for joining us in protecting our planet.