Digitex Canada Inc. has an opening for a corporate level Controller. The controller is responsible for the finance and accounting operations of the company, ensuring compliance with accounting and tax standards. This position demands attention to detail, excellent time management and independent initiative, reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance. Digitex is an industry leader and one of Canada’s largest independent dealerships featuring the Canon, Sharp, Samsung, Lexmark and HP product lines. The qualified candidate would need to exemplify the “Digitex Difference” in this competitive and fast paced environment.
- Prepare financial records.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against financial targets.
- Establishing and maintaining sound relationships with financial institutions.
- Co-ordinate with logistics manager to ensure monthly inventory counts are completed.
- Provide financial analysis and innovative models to guide senior management decision-making.
- Coordinate with external auditors for the annual financial statement audit.
- Prepare and review all journal entries and working papers associated with month end, quarter end and year end processes.
- Comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Identifying and managing business risks and insurance requirements.
- Oversee daily operations of the administration department.
- Recruit and manage all administration staff.
- Projects as assigned by VP Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCES:
- CPA designation.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Full cycle accounting experience required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
BENEFITS / WAGES:
- Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Health and Dental benefits after 3-month probationary period.
- RRSP plan after 6 months.
- Salary will be determined upon review of skills, education and experience.
This is your opportunity to earn an excellent income, which will reflect years of experience and qualifications, while working in a fast paced, ever changing industry with ongoing learning and training. Digitex Canada Inc. offers an excellent benefit program, 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday hours and a great work environment. Please forward your resume, cover letter and at least 3 references to your experience to: [email protected] We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview directly.